It’s no surprise that by installing SYNLawn will save you water, but you do not have to stop there. While going through a major water crisis we, as a community, really need to step up and do our part. Did you know that installing a SYNLawn in your yard could save you up to 70% on your water usage? Crazy, right?
Review these additional helpful water saving tips and try to use them in your daily routine. Every drip counts.
Inside the home:
- Use your dishwater, rather than hand washing dishes. Buying an energy efficient dishwasher saves additional water and energy.
- Cook your food in as least amount of water as possible. This will also keep additional nutrients in your food.
- Use the garbage disposal sparingly. Attempt to empty leftover food into the trash, instead of the disposal.
- Wash your dark color clothes in cold water. This saves water as well as retaining the color of your clothes.
- Shorten your shower by just one minute. This could save up to 150 gallons per month.
- OR keep your shower under 5 minutes and you can save 1,000 gallons per month.
- Upgrade your older toilets to WaterSense labeled models.
- Save up to 4 gallons a minute just by turning off the water while you brush your teeth.
- Avoid children’s recreational toys with continual water use.
- Reuse towels.
Outside the home:
- Plant in the spring or fall.
- Consider xeriscaping.
- Leave low hanging branches. This will allow for leaf litter and keep the soil cooler. Requiring less water for the surrounding plants.
- Use a layer of mulch to prevent weeds, which compete for water. This also keeps the soil cooler.
- Collect roof water runoff and direct towards flowerbeds.
- Don’t leave a running hose. This can save up to 10 gallons per minute.
- Eliminate or minimize waterfalls or water features within swimming pools. Aeration creates more evaporation.
- Use drip irrigation.
- Pruning properly can help your plants use water more efficiently.
- INSTALL SYNLAWN.
Just by using a few of these techniques can really help you water usage and help the overall water crisis. For more information on saving water call our office 559.472.3454.